As an insured driver you are entitled to certain rights when involved in an accident. To protect your rights, familiarize yourself with these laws pertaining to New York State Insurance:
- You have the right to have your car repaired at the shop of your choice.
- Your insurance company CANNOT require you (not even suggest, however they all do it anyway) to have your vehicle looked at or repaired in a shop that they recommend.
- You are not required to take your vehicle to an insurance company's drive-in-claim center, even if the vehicle is drivable.
- You are not required to get one or multiple estimates.
- You are entitled to a fair settlement to repair your car to its pre-loss condition.
- Your insurance company has six days after proper notification to inspect your car.
- You may legally appoint your repair shop as your "Designated Representative" to protect your interests and negotiate in good faith with your insurance company.
The insurance companies lead you to believe that the best estimate is the cheapest estimate of repair, when in reality a cheaper estimate just means a cheaper job. The customer (meaning you), has the right to choose the repair facility of your choice. We do not work for the insurance companies; we work together with the insurance companies but in fact we work for our customers and represent them when negotiating the repair estimate for your car. We are here to repair your vehicle correctly and get you back on the road promptly, performing the highest quality repair, hassle-free to you.